Dinan has developed the High Flow Carbon Fiber Intake for the BMW E9x M3 to improve air flow to the engine. Dinan's intake is built with the highest quality components and improves the look and performance of your M3 engine with a carbon fiber connecting pipe and injection molded rubber boots. This intake is sealed tightly from the high temperatures found under the hood by utilizing a Dinan injected molded divider plate with integral high flow passage that engages into the stock air box housing.
Carbon fiber and plastic were chosen because they are good insulators and have been designed to have a lower mass allowing them to cool off faster than the stock components. The integrated divider and carbon fiber intake connecting pipe have 30% more cross sectional area. This increased area when combined with a high flow filter, ensure maximum air flow for your M3 V8 engine.
- Aircraft quality "prepreg" carbon fiber
- 30% more cross sectional area than stock
- Less prone to heat soak
- More air available to the engine
- Increased engine output across the power band
- Max. gain of 8 horsepower and 5 lb-ft torque @ 8200 rpm
- Large free flowing cotton gauze type air filter
Q: Why is adding cooler air and more air so important?
A: An engine is essentially a large air pump. Allowing air to reach the combustion chamber with less effort allows that energy savings to be sent to the wheels. Getting cooler air to the combustion chamber allows more fuel to be burned and thus more power. Anything that can be done to give the engine more air and keep it protected from the high temperatures of the engine bay is worth doing.
- 2008-2011 BMW M3 E90 Sedan
- 2008-2013 BMW M3 E92 Coupe
- 2008-2013 BMW M3 E93 Convertible